Cliff Perkins recently spoke to approximately four hundred attorneys on the topic of Catastrophic Designation in Georgia Workers’ Compensation claims at the annual Georgia Workers’ Compensation Law Institute. Cliff’s presentation and paper for this seminar covered a number of subtopics including:
- the importance of having specific work restrictions from doctors
- the use of social security disability awards at catastrophic designation hearings
- the direct and cross examination of vocational experts
- whether the social security disability file can be “discovered”
- settlement of catastrophic workers’ compensation claims
- whether a catastrophic designation can be removed
The Workers’ Compensation Law Institute is held annually in St. Simons Island, Georgia. Cliff has spoken on multiple occasions at this annual seminar as well as at a number of other Georgia seminars focusing on Georgia workers’ compensation cases. Some of the information that Cliff researched for this seminar is available in his recent series of articles about catastrophic designation on our blog.